I recently saw someone ask this question and reading it made me wonder what my natives would say. Some books just stick with you long after you read them. Sometimes, they can change something inside you that cannot be undone. I only hope that one of my books will do that for someone one day.
Can you name the top books that have stuck with you? I can’t necessarily name single books. There are just too many, but I can tell you series’ that I can’t get out of my head. So here they are in no particular order:
1. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series & Fallen Angels series by J.R. Ward: They have all stuck with me. It’s more of one big story that just keeps evolving and I am hooked for life.
2. I would say Christine Feehan’s books are the same way, but some of them stuck harder than others. Like Dark Wolf (The Dark Series) because Skyler and Dimitri’s story was such a long time coming.
3. Juliana Stone’s Jaguar Warrior series: It gave me crazy dreams that spawned my Jagara series and for that, she will always have a special place in my heart. 🙂
4. Karen Marie Moning‘s books are unforgettable. Her Highlander series and the Fever series…stuck. Her Highlander, Gavrael, was the one that sparked my Warriors of Lykarthia series.
5. All of Jacquelyn Frank‘s books: She has such a wide range of beings and I can never get enough.
6. The Twilight Saga stuck with me for reasons I don’t care to talk about. lol. Okay. Moving on…
7. Karina Cooper’s Dark Missions series. Because it was so different from anything I’d ever read.
8. J.K. Beck’s Shadow Keepers: One of my favorite characters in that series (Sergius) inspired a character in my future vampire series. His name is Drago and I named my pup after him. 🙂
9. Christina Dodd’s Chosen Ones series & Darkness Chosen series: Again, so different from anything I’d ever read and it gave me crazy dreams that sparked ideas for some of my books. Specifically, John Powell from Chains of Ice. Yum. I love a wild man.
10. Maggie Shayne’s Wings in the Night Series: My sister told me about this series for years and when I finally read it, I was so sad it was over. I loved Edge from Edge of Twilight.
So. That’s my list. I’m sure there are others, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment. I am currently reading Marjorie M Liu’s Dirk & Steele series. I’m sure this series is going to be just as memorable as the rest of them.
AMENDMENT: OH CRAP! I left out Kresley Cole! How could I leave that one out? Ok…take out Twilight and insert Immortals After Dark
Anyway, back to work for me. I have a submission package for my ‘secret project’ to finish. Until next time.