Who freakin’ knows?!
2015 had its ups and downs, but for the most part, it was another great year. Now, I have a lot to look forward to with the coming of the new year, and here are just a few of them:
- A homecoming (and I don’t mean the stupid high school dance)
- A visit from my bestie who lives a gazillion miles away, on the other side of the country.
- Get to visit my family back home and see my daughter (who is now in college.) I haven’t seen her since July!
- And of course…more writing, and loads of new discoveries about myself, my writing, movies, books, music…and more.
I don’t know where my writing will take me this year, but I’m hoping to get much more done in 2016 than I did in 2015. On the menu, but not necessarily on my plate yet:
- Book #2 of the Warriors of Lykarthia series. This is Alarik’s story. Title is still in debate. A lot will be unleashed in this book, including a beast that will surprise some people…some crazy…some growing…and a little bit of confusion.
- Book #3 of the Jagara Series. I’m still iffy on this story. Not the content, but the order. I know the one currently in the #3 spot will change things for the Jagara people. It will be a change that some may see coming in a way, but there will be loads of unexpected stuff…and as always, yummy Jagara men.
- A little side project that has grown into something I never expected. It started out as a short story that was to be a part of a collection, but as I plot things out with my insider, we discover that the story goes far beyond what could ever be told in such few words. At a minimum, this will be a large novella, but if it continues to grow, it could take multiple books to tell the story. In fact, it has the potential to turn into a trilogy, which I never thought possible for me. But we’ll see how it goes once I really dig into it.
- Also, I’m feeling a little like going back to the book that started this whole journey for me, and doing some much needed editing. Who knows when or if I will ever publish this one…but the good news is that because of something I discovered in another of my series, I know the whys and hows of the main idea of this particular series.
I would love to finish at least one of these before 2016 is over, but it would be amazing to finish more. In the meantime, I’m enjoying my little break.
Until next time.
Keep chasing your dreams. The road ahead isn’t as scary as it seems.