My need for reorganization became abundantly clear when I started working on my current project. I went in search of notes I’d written a while back for this particular story and it took me thirty-ish minutes to find what I was looking for. Mainly because my notes are now as scattered as my mind.
When I first started writing, I was very organized. I had a binder for each series. In those binders I kept all my notes on each story, series details, names lists, character profiles, family trees, lists of terms and definitions, list of special abilities, and whatever else went along with that particular series. But at some point a couple years ago, I went rogue and started collecting these notepads, journals, and notebooks. Now I have book notes scattered all over the place, and there isn’t an empty notebook or journal anywhere in my house. I have a serious problem. lol
My goal is to get back to how things were before, and maybe my scattered mind will regain some order and I’ll get back into my writing groove. So that’s my weekend (and probably beyond) project. Complete reorganization.
Wish me luck.
Who freakin’ knows?!
2015 had its ups and downs, but for the most part, it was another great year. Now, I have a lot to look forward to with the coming of the new year, and here are just a few of them:
- A homecoming (and I don’t mean the stupid high school dance)
- A visit from my bestie who lives a gazillion miles away, on the other side of the country.
- Get to visit my family back home and see my daughter (who is now in college.) I haven’t seen her since July!
- And of course…more writing, and loads of new discoveries about myself, my writing, movies, books, music…and more.
I don’t know where my writing will take me this year, but I’m hoping to get much more done in 2016 than I did in 2015. On the menu, but not necessarily on my plate yet:
- Book #2 of the Warriors of Lykarthia series. This is Alarik’s story. Title is still in debate. A lot will be unleashed in this book, including a beast that will surprise some people…some crazy…some growing…and a little bit of confusion.
- Book #3 of the Jagara Series. I’m still iffy on this story. Not the content, but the order. I know the one currently in the #3 spot will change things for the Jagara people. It will be a change that some may see coming in a way, but there will be loads of unexpected stuff…and as always, yummy Jagara men.
- A little side project that has grown into something I never expected. It started out as a short story that was to be a part of a collection, but as I plot things out with my insider, we discover that the story goes far beyond what could ever be told in such few words. At a minimum, this will be a large novella, but if it continues to grow, it could take multiple books to tell the story. In fact, it has the potential to turn into a trilogy, which I never thought possible for me. But we’ll see how it goes once I really dig into it.
- Also, I’m feeling a little like going back to the book that started this whole journey for me, and doing some much needed editing. Who knows when or if I will ever publish this one…but the good news is that because of something I discovered in another of my series, I know the whys and hows of the main idea of this particular series.
I would love to finish at least one of these before 2016 is over, but it would be amazing to finish more. In the meantime, I’m enjoying my little break.
Until next time.
Keep chasing your dreams. The road ahead isn’t as scary as it seems.
…to release the words rattling around in my head, to satisfy a deep passion inside me. I write to create new worlds and travel to them without leaving the comfort of my home.
I live what I write. Male or female, I am my characters, the ones who speak to me when I am still or when I am overwhelmed, when I am alone or in a crowded room. They come to me in dreams, in everyday life, in songs that I hear or in the words of those around me.
The beasts inside me wont relent until their stories are told, so I must listen carefully and obey them…or risk going insane.
They speak to me, saying things I cannot, telling me their secrets and the stories of how they came to be, of how they found themselves, and how they want to be portrayed. To ignore them would be a crime against those who would read their stories and fall in love with them just as I have.
I write because it’s who I am, because the things around me inspire me, because I want to entertain people who share my passion for a good love story with a wild side, and because I want to leave a piece of myself when, one day, I leave this world behind.
Yep, that’s right. Some awesome girlies on my street team decided to get some stuff together for a giveaway. In the near future I will be posting the details of the giveaway, and I cant wait. I’m excited to see the prizes when they are done. And I cant wait to see who wins them. Super excited.
Anyway, I have a lot of work to do on my current project today. I need to put the final touches on this scene I’ve been working on so I can move on to the last couple of scenes before I go back and add the finishing touches.
This is how I hope to be today…
…but it will probably be more like…
…or at some point today…
Hopefully today is as productive as I need it to be and I dont get stuck in one of my blank spots…or get distracted by other stuff.
Anyway, yall have a good one. 🙂 Until next time…
❤ ❤ ❤